Monday, February 15, 2010

REMEMBER THIS SIMPLE THOUGHT


One of the best and most precious knowledge I am getting from my actual journey is LIVING THE PRESENT MOMENT. It is a kind of unreal concept because we know where we are in this right moment.

Where is my body? It is here, right in front of the computer.
Where is my breath? It is here , in within my body.
Where is my mind? My mind is busy giving my hands the commands to write what it is inside (paying attention to the spelling!), but usually the mind is in the past or in the future.

This feverish activity is what make us tired and stressed; we do not get fatigue from the physical work but from the bee which is eternally buzzing in the mind.
So we are basically under the dominance of the mind that controls our energies, moves, thoughts. This part of the mind is the intellect or ego. I also like to call it the Censor because it produces mostly criticizing thoughts which attack the creative side, the Child or Artist that is in all of us. I already mentioned the amazing book “The Artist way” from Julia Cameron, didn’t I?

So, the mind gets entangled in many things and worries which drain our life force.
There are four main entanglements of the mind:
1. Children: we have lots of fears and worries for their lives and future
2. Money: it is either worry or attachment to it
3. What people think about me: am I accepted in this society?
4. Attachment to life through the body: I don’t want to get old.

To be free from these entanglements we must remember something easy and natural: we are all going to die.

The thought of death makes you free from all these entanglements that buzz in the mind and don’t let you live in the present moment.
The same thought gives you courage to fully live.

I had lots of fun when I was asked to imagine my dead body and write my own eulogy. This is what came out.

We are all gathered today to celebrate a beautiful soul who has just left us. She was not only my best and precious friend, the one who made me laugh when I needed to; the one who was there when I needed her support.
She was not only the mother of four, the wife, the daughter, the sister, the writer, the volunteer. She was all these things for the beloved ones although transcending those identities. She was mainly unconditional love, she was everything. I was privileged to share a deep and long true friendship, her spirituality has dramatically changed my life and the life of many more just for sharing the joy of the “seeker”. Yes, she was also a seeker, the eternal student who learns from Life with joy and wonder. She was committed in society with a smile and no expectations to help people find their own Universe of happiness. Because she knew the secret: everything is in within, happiness, joy, talents, love. She was helping us to see this simple path” let’s all go back home, it is not far”. I feel sad but I can watch this feeling and let it go, knowing that she is now what she was then, and what is going to be again. She is PURE ENERGY.
So let’s celebrate this soul who is having fun, right now, choosing another body for the next time life.

I loved to write this piece. I had honestly fun but it also gave me a deep introspection of my feelings and what I want to be in this life time. I could picture out a life of no regrets and accomplishments in terms of helping the society for a better change.

My vision is clear now: commitment, going out of my comfort zone, get started and do things.
Because if it is still true that “I wish I were a writer”, I am also everything I want to be in life, as long as I pull down the boundaries of my mind.

So living the present moment and stand up and act is what is life all about.
My spiritual journey was meant to happen to help me having a clear vision of my purpose in life. I will be posting once a week because I will be very busy with new projects that I will surely share with you.

Love & Rainbow



Copyright2010LorenzaVerdini

10 comments:

  1. they say the best way to get a better sense of your life is to write a eulogy for yourself. i'll try to remember the four entanglements. i'd say the first one is the hardest to untangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Sarah, very well and agree with you. But we only need to do our best to give ourselves a real quality life. We are souls in human bodies

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, Lorenza. I have to remind myself daily to live in the moment.

    I have also written my eulogy many times in my head. I may need to actually put it on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think, Marla, it is a very powerful tool to remind us how precious is this life time.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you my dear friend, I love to read your post and feel calm inside. Life is special, precious and important. Btw. another award is on the way to your blog. I will write it tomorrow on www.elleninamerika.com

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post lorenza... reading your blog make me always think about what my life really is. it's helpful...
    have a great day,
    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, do I understand that list of worries and you are right --they are the source of my exhaustion (the worries, not the people around whom I worry!). I love your piece. I know that I only "know" you virtually but through your words, I am quite sure that all that and more would be said of you. Your spirit goes way beyond this screen to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just sit down...breath...relax...and live the present moment....no matter what has happened no matter what will happen....not easy but I'm doing my best to act like this..thanks a lot my friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. WELCOME BACK SERENA...Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking about how we want to be thought of when we die makes us realize what we really want to do in this life. So keep doing what you love doing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure Energy at Blogged