Thursday, March 4, 2010

IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF CHEMISTRY



Less than 100 days before the kick off of the FIFA World Soccer Championship.
I feel a kind of excitement all around. Not always the good one.


Road works are everywhere, the traffic situation is getting worse every day, traffic lights of the main roads don't work. The police is putting road blocks everywhere, at pick hours. I am sure they want to have the "crime rates" reduced to tempt more visitors to come and spend their money in this exotic destination. Johannesburg has a very bad reputation crime wise... But Johannesburg has also the most beautiful sky I have ever experienced, the most incredible summer storms and weather, the most amazing smiling people.


I decided, quite a while ago, that I was responsible of what I would see and sense living here. I have met quite a few unhappy expatriats who had to stay here for two, three years. Their attitude was to choose to repeatedly practise to complain the whole day long. They did not get good things from that. I feel it is just an innate attitude of being able to see the glass half empy. But the other half is full of fresh spring water.


I have a simple question today that probably will not find its answer. Why human beings have a strong inclination for negativeness?


I do believe we are born almost "perfect" in the purity of feelings and openess. As babies and small children we show to be open to life embracing daily experience with love and curiosity. Then, something happens, and things start going the other way round.


Children at school struggle to find their own balance, under pressure from performing in schools at the highest standards. The general culture is to divide kids in teams (A, B, C, D,.....Z!) and according to their marks. You do well , you get awarded. So probably schools put pressure on kids to meet the parents' needs of realisation. As young adults we need to fit the society's pattern and the more we "grow", the more we lose contact with our true selves, because we are living only outward. But Life is inwards.


Is is an EGO orientated society.


We need to classify things and people in order to feel SAFE. We need to rationalize everything in order to understand. Because we relate to the external world by understanding...And then we become slaves of the "judgment" thing. But to judge is looking for the half empty glass of water.


I actually believe that to become non judgmental is very difficult if not almost impossible but it is the highway to freedom. I was very judgmental and I was wrong. I thought that judging people and facts I was "free" to express myself. I really smile at myself, I mean my old self. I look at it like a worn jacket abandoned on a chair. Motionless. Lifeless. And I laugh, because the I am very alive and aware of the fact that I don't want to wear this jacket again.
What if I can accept people and things the way they are? What if I can live with no expectations from others, including my kids? I would not be bothered by the road works, but I would see them as the way to have a better service ; I would not think "bloody weather" but wow...it is cooling down, how wonderful.


I could see God in my kids, especially when they swim and end last or when they fail a test. Because by the end of the day they show me Love and that is what they are. And Love embrace everybody and everything. It is only a matter of chemistry.
Love & Rainbow
Copyright2010LorenzaVerdini

13 comments:

  1. is it fifa you're referring to? i do agree we decide what we see or sense around us. negativity feeds on negativity and vice versa. according to our grand scholar we are all born good, and learn to be bad from others. that's close to your thinking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the more we "grow", the more we lose contact with our true selves, because we are living only outward. But Life is inwards...it is an ego oriented society..."

    This is marvellous insight - society molds us into outward beings, when life is inwards, and it began as inwards when we were born - we were unconscious of self/ego...and now as adults we have to chisel away all these layers of ego...

    Thank you for your thoughts Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah: thanks I added FIFA...thanks for always visiting

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. MARCI: I agree, we do not have to travel far to find balance and happiness.

    Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, Lorenza, you say the things that I wish I had. Your words are so true and inspiring. I try very hard to be apositive person and I agree that so often people are negative. I even find that many celebrate being negative and nihilistic as if that makes them wiser. I feel that true wisdom comes from recognizing everything (whether seemingly good or bad) as a creation of God. When I remember that (which I am not perfect at) I can be positive in everything.

    You make my world better so I thank you.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely and inspiring post Lorenza! I teach in an elementary school and I always want the kids to feel free to make mistakes and to take risks. I agree that they will not flourish in a negative atmosphere.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thnaks for this post, Lorenza. I loved this,
    Your thoughts and perspectives are so wise and inspiring.
    I love your writing style , too.
    Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANKS BETTY your comments are so good to me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVING THIS POST!!

    So happy you found me... now I can follow you, and will be for sure! I can't wait to catch up on your past posts.

    Thanks for the thoughtful comment at CoachYourMind. Pressure isn't something to be avoided... it can create happiness and a positive atmosphere.

    (I'm half Italian -- we're sooo connected ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Dayne and welcome to my world

    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lorenza, So glad I found your blog. I'll be back when I have more time to spend getting to know you. I love your thoughts today. Thanks for the visit and follow my way as well! Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lorenza,
    You 've been tagged!!
    Please visit me!
    Hope you're having a great time!:)
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It always feels peaceful to know what matters most. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure Energy at Blogged