Wednesday, May 12, 2010

THE BOOK I AM PREGNANT OF


I have started to write my book this morning.

Something has happened in this last week that has deeply upset my life for a few days at the point that I have almost decided to stop writing. Then I thought whatever happens in your life, there is always a good reason, find it and work on yourself.

I must say, it is not an easy task. The natural inclination is to blame others, our life and the unfortunate destiny. But what about our responsibility? Becoming aware of the responsibility we hold in every single event happening in our life is freedom from the burden of feeling stuck and powerless. So I realized that I had to put into practice what is purely knowledge and wisdom.

All of a sudden I realized that I was postponing the pleasure of starting writing my book for the inner fear of not succeeding oh gosh how can you fill in hundreds of pages? Finding daily excuses just to be busy and not to sit in front of my computer, face to face with my everlasting dream of being a writer.

So this morning I sat and started writing.

My intent is to write letting the flow of my story and feelings go on and on. I do not know where I am going to land and how, but I have told myself not to judge my writing until the book is finished. I will not let the Censor be the dictator of my life and pull me down. That is my life, I take the responsibility to LIVE IT.

I had the inspiration for this story in August last year, while I was spooning the most exquisite pulses soup to my family it is winter in South Africa, we have lots of hot soups… it was like a lightning on a summer day: unexpected. I started to cuddle the idea, to nurture the inspiration but I was still far from the action of sitting and writing. You know the idea of realizing something is harmless; the action of realizing the idea can be harmful. At least I was using this “philosophy” as excuse to avoid coming into action.

Till the accident occurred few days ago. This accident led me to think I want to stop writing and do something more “useful” in life; I was about to give up. But this morning I just sat and started to write. I looked at the computer screen with tender love and thought hi there, I am here. We are going to spend quite a long time together, I am sure we’ll be friends. I will not judge you and you won’t judge me. We’ll be supporting each other with love and care.

After I wrote the beginning of the book, I had to be back to my motherhood’s duty of fetching the kids from school, bringing them to swim, going to the supermarket, fetching my boy after the soccer match, healing his wounds, checking on the homework and on the piano practice, baking pizza for dinner yeah, that was tonight’s menu and putting them into bed before sitting again, in front of my lap top, to write this post.

But today, I did all this feeling in love…I was deep in though and cheerful like when you are in love for the first time in your life.

I realized that I had my inspiration exactly nine months ago…The picture is clear now, the book I am pregnant of is ready to be delivered.

Ah…what a joy.

I might be busy in the next future but I will try to keep on reading your posts and writing my blog, keeping you updated on how the baby is growing.

Strong and healthy…

Love&Rainbow

Copyright2010LorenzaVerdini

13 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that you are ready for your book to be born. I am sure it will be beautiful like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the baby - happy labouring! :) I find it so interesting that inspiration strikes when you are feeding your family soup...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will bring you great joy and reward, although it's such a big undertaking it's all worth it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorenza, I wish you the best with your writing. To be sure, it is no easy task to write a book, or to write anything at all for that matter. But writing is also so stress-relieving, it will be like you're hitting two birds with one stone. All the best and I hope everything works out just as you wish!

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my friend, I wish you the very best with your writing!
    What a great thing to start writing a book!
    I'm really proud of you!
    You never fail to amaze me, Lorenza!
    Hope you have a great Sunday!
    Hugs,
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You are an inspiration. Good luck trying to squeeze the time to write out of that schedule! But I know you will. I'm excited to read about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My darling Lorenza!

    While I know not of the accident that has reeked havoc on your life, I applaud to fervor and desire to overcome and "Birth" this beautifu creativity growing inside you. I wish you well on both fronts. And I look forward to seeing this love child when she comes to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my friend, sorry I have not visit you more frequently. I have been immensely busy. But my thoughts were often with you and wondering how you were doing. I wish you all the success you deserve with your book.

    Ellen
    www.elleninamerika.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lorenza, I am assuming that by now you are very busy with your book. Come back when you're ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorenza,
    I noticed your blog and wanted to let you know of alternative options to mainstream treatment. I offer my patients an alternative to drugs, surgery, and radiation. Patients are given the life-long knowledge of prevention/disease reversal via food and lifestyle changes. This is not meant as spam but as an attempt to help you and your family. chronicdiseasereversal.com (the site is new and still a work in progress) dr.gbh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lorenza, I send you peace. Sometimes, it's true, events can turn our lives inside out, make us doubt ourselves and our where we going, where we are allowing life to take us. I'm glad you have made a decision about what You want to do. I truly believe that if you are a writer. You cannot not write.
    My best to you and Congratulations on the baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lorenza best wishes and compliments for your decision to write your book. Whatever the final goal, I am sure it will be an interesting journey. We may not have 100% control on things happening around us, but our determination can make a difference.
    A few weeks ago I had a serious health problem here in China and I have been a few days between life and death. I had two operations, doctors were not too optimistic but they did it well and now I am safe. As a consequence, I decided to restart to work on my blog (http://and0909.blogspot.com/) and I had an update on yours, where you have been working a lot. I will put a link on my blog to yours, and I hope we stay in touch.
    Best,
    Andrea (or better, An De Lie)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lorenza,

    Best of luck on your book! Have you heard about FAMEDS's Fight for Avastin to stay on-label? Please sign & share the petition to save 17,500+ women with metastatic breast cancer: www.fameds.org/petition.php

    ReplyDelete

Pure Energy at Blogged