Saturday, December 19, 2009

THERE IS ONLY WHITE AROUND ME


There is only white around me. And all the hues of grey. The sounds are soft, almost deadened in a kind of surreal atmosphere that pleases our hearts. Everything seems to become silent, respectful of one of the greatest gift that Mother Nature can offer us. The snow. Such a snowfall does not happen every winter, we have to wait for it, desire it, dream of it. The village’s shape changes, people’s hearts are cheerful; children are happily playing snowballs battle in the streets. Today’s menu will be some special winter dish in every house. We will be cooking polenta. Our ancestors, because they were very poor, they could only have dishes like polenta (it is made with corn flour) squeezing up close to the fireplace. To us it is now some delicious dish that we do cook only in special occasions. Today it is the right time.

I love winter, I love the mountains, I love the snow. I cannot help being happy. I am grateful to Mother Nature because this is my Christmas gift. It is the time when feelings and sensations come up to move my heart. Those feelings are made of scents, sounds, colors. It is something impressed into every cell of my whole being. And suddenly, it comes out. And I find myself losing all the references, there is no time, there is no space. There is only me, the real me, who is deeply touched by the beauty and magic of a snowfall. I don’t go backwards in time and memories because I just feel the same feelings and happiness of the small child I was. Eating the fresh snow, sculpting weird shapes, running for all my worth and falling down… and making the “angel” with my arms and legs… freedom, cold, white, purity, softness, lightness. It is inside me, it belongs to me. I look at my children laughing and fighting throwing snowballs… it is so special that they won’t ever forget this great gift, keeping it warm in their hearts. In three weeks time we’ll go back to South Africa with our hearts filled with love and happiness for this unforgettable day that will last a life time. Oh the scent of polenta with porcini mushroom sauce is everywhere…Time to sit at table.

Love & rainbow

Copyright2009LorenzaVerdini

17 comments:

  1. very beautifully written. merry white christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect experience to have happen while you are at home. It sounds wonderful. I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah and Rae. I hope you a wonderful time too.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorenza, I love the snow, love the woods , love the fireplace!
    I'm too green!BTW Nevine, is a friend with a great poetry blog.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    lots of love
    hugs hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Betty for your good advise! I enjoy reading new blogs, I will pop in! Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful words.....thank you for visiting my blog, and now Im very happoy because I have found your lovely blog, consider me a follower

    peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorenza, your composition made me feel that I was also there, how inspiring!

    AL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steven: Thanks a lot Steven. I also enjoy your blog a lot I am happy I "bumped" into it! Have a lovely day

    Al: Thank you Al, your words are always so kind!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lorenza, you do write from the soul, just like you mentioned in your comments to me. Thank you for the visit, and for leading me your way. It will be a pleasure to share your journey with you, and to read your writing. I look forward to it all!

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Nevine thanks for your special words. I am really looking forward to reading your poetry to feed my soul.

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post - it made me picture it so clearly.

    Kate xx
    http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lorenza!

    I'm sorry to be so late in returning your kind visit. Your words were so lovely during my hard time.

    Your blog is lovely and this post is glorious. I look forward to following you.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome Traci! I wish you a Merry Christmas too hoping for you serenity and health

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Bob, to you and Bess all the best!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only experienced playing in the snow once and I would love to try it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pure Energy at Blogged