Friday, January 29, 2010

WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER?


The noise after the silence.

Soon it is going to be my birthday. I am excited about it, of course I am. That is the day I chose to come to life. I think it is like going to a car seller and choosing the car you want to drive for your life. I chose my parents and my body then, surely satisfied, I decided it was time to come back and learn new things.

And heal old things.

I believe I do not own anything. I do not own my material possessions this is just an illusion my children, or my body. Everything has just been borrowed for this lifetime. So I am very respectful. Someday I feel like I drive a Ferrari, some other days a Fiat 500 but I am grateful for what I have. I come from nothing and I’ll go back to be nothing else than pure energy. I will be the rain, the wind, the sun, the earth. I’ll be you. And you’ll be me. The same way I was before all this.

But.

I got an IPOD. I got a beautiful IPOD CLASSIC , I bet I‘ll become dust before I can fill it in with music! I mean my first IPOD ever!I am really moved. I look at this black box and I think more than thirty years back when I got Elton John’s vinyl LP “Your song”. I was probably my ninth or tenth birthday and was already listening to my father’s music, Charles Aznavour, Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and other big Jazz names. I remember spending long hours listening to this music, choosing the LP to listen to and playing it so carefully not to scratch the vinyl. I still remember the emotions that I was feeling. Immensity. I would sense the immortality of certain music, being a small speck in the Universe.

Then the WHOLE MUSIC came to me. The politically committed Italian singer song-writers, Bob Dylan, John Lennon, Joan Baez ,The America, Cat Stevens, Stevie Wonder, again Elton John, Simon and Garfunkel and many more. I am sure to forget someone.

Then it was the time of the disco music. Madonna, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Michael Jackson, Cool and the Gang, Earth Wind and Fire. Dionne Warwick, Burt Bacarach, Lionel Richie, Whitney Houston, Chaka Kan. George Michael… I am not strictly following a chronological order. I must have fallen in love hundreds of times with their music in my heart. I must have danced forever young.

So now, mother of four, listening to classical, jazz, ethnical music preferably, and my omnipresent Bocelli,I have got my IPOD. I mean I am not borrowing it from my kids, can you believe it? And because they taught me about the magic ITunes, they shared with me so generously some of their music their music??? to download on my IPOD. So, ladies and gentlemen here it is the everlasting, immortal icon of Freddy Mercury and the Queen. How could I have forgotten in the last ……years about the genius, the one who “wants to live forever”? I let myself go to the emotions of this immortal music, “I want it all ,we are the champions, another one bites the dust, it’s a kind of magic, under pressure ,don’t stop me now , these are the days of our lives,, heaven for everyone, somebody to love ,I want to break free ,the show must go on”. . I cannot tell my kids how long ago I was dancing and singing these songs. I would not know when He wrote these songs. There is no specific time because time means nothing when Freddy is singing. I can be 7 or 97 it does not make any difference. He has deeply engraved his art in our hearts. In everybody’s hearts.

So, I still do not own anything.

But my IPOD and the music which melt with my soul longtime ago.

And the memories of love, dreams, hope. I felt I wanted to live forever in the timeless beauty of Freddy’s music.

But was it really longtime ago? Freddy says no…it was yesterday.

Love&Rainbow

Copyright2010LorenzaVerdini

14 comments:

  1. How beautifully expressed................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outlook is so uplifting and your words such a breath of fresh air. Across the miles and through this technology of the internet I am graced with the feeling of your happiness and joy! I hope you enjoy your Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorenza, you mad my heart sing.
    BIG BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday lorenza. it's so true we don't own anything in this world. we come empty handed and we leave empty handed. i only wish i learn all that i can and do it better next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful birthday. Music is food for the soul and I'm sure your iPod will come in handy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. STEVEN, SHAWNA, BOB, SARAH, KIM: thanks a lot! My birthday is on the 1st of Feb, I ll be probably singing and dancing thinking of you XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really get different powerful ways of think when I read this list of musicians or some of them....

    Queen - makes me think of being a champion

    Louis Armstrong makes me think about what a wonderful world it is

    John Lennon - lets me think there is more possible in the world than I might think

    ReplyDelete
  8. TOM:we feel exactly the same and I am grateful to the Muse of Music that brings lots of poetry and hope in our lives. I also like being surrounded by positive thinkers...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lorenza,
    Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog post today. I visit your blog whenever you post, but I have to be honest now - I sometimes can not read it because of the black background. I have many vision problems and the white and red word combinations make my eyes do funny things. I want you to know I love your writing style. It is relaxed and from the heart.
    I don't promote my blog either. People seem to find me from comments I leave on other blogs. That would be my suggestion to help you develop a following. Leave lots of comments and follow a variety of blogs. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorenza, music has that distinct ability to bring streams of memory falling over us sooner than we can manage. It also has the ability to heal us. It's unbelievable but music does have that power. Congratulations on getting an iPod; I can't live without mind, or my music. Imagine life without music... I don't think I'd enjoy that!

    That was a beautiful post, Lorenza. Your posts are always filled with light and with positive energy. So much to enjoy and relax with...

    Hugs,
    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfully said. Great post.

    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful and wondrous thoughts! It's the first time I'm here. I saw your comments on another site and had to follow you over. My son's name is Lorenzo, so your's caught my eye. So here I am, wishing you Happy Birthday!
    PS I love your, I'll be you and you'll be me. It's a wonderful way to describe how we are all joined, dependent, and enriched by each other. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always amaze and inspire me. Happy Birthday to you. You are genuinely respectful and I could LEARN a lot from you. I'm glad that you have come into my life.

    Thanks for stopping by during my rough time. There is an award waiting for you on my blog. :-)

    Traci
    38andgrowing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Traci. Thank twice for the Award. Thanks infinitely for your words.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Pure Energy at Blogged