Wednesday, November 18, 2009

RANDOM THOUGHTS


Yesterday I spent the morning at Woodlands, the small paradise where I go for body talk. I actually was waiting for a friend of mine. Some random thoughts arouse.

Woodlands. On a spring day that is actually a winter day. I like the nature’s jokes. The cold, the snow on the Drakensberg, the astounded faces of people in the street. But the forest is still here, in front of me with its small waterfall and the waving trees.

Nothing is static in life; immobility is an illusion, a joke, like today’s cold. Everything moves in the flow of energy that is Life.

We are an agglomerate of energy and knowledge, specks in this eternal flow. Maybe. Who really knows? Probably our galaxy will be swallowed by a black hole and everything will end in one second, exactly the way it started. But now, in this right moment, I know I AM. I want to feel and be NOW. This is a feeling of belonging and fusion with Life.

I always thought I could live only in an urban environment, because I needed to feel the pulsing city life. The street lights at night, the noise of cars driving nowhere, theatres, people shopping and restaurants. I had to be one of those ants, walking quickly to the nest, carrying a tiny wisp of straw.

Now I need to be surrounded by the nature, to live in between the trees and observe what happens around.

One of the privileges of living in this country is to watch the birds. They are not afraid of men so they come close.

My favourite one is the hoopoe. Few years ago we had lunch in a small restaurant in a medieval village in Tuscany,only 5 tables, we could hear everybody’s discussions. The food was exquisite, like everywhere in Tuscany, The restaurant’s name is The Hoopoe Tavern. I thought what a weird name! What is a hoopoe? Then I was told it is an exotic bird. They showed me a picture. I remembered about this small tavern when I saw a hoopoe here, for the first time. Everyday I see a hoopoe now. Life’s flow has brought me far away, from the urban pigeons to the African hoopoe. To a small African spa, where the trees are dancing, the birds are singing and the river is laughing.

Joy, love, eternity. But perhaps I am not even far away. I exhale a breath that will reach somebody else thousands of kilometres from me. I wonder where my father is, where is his energy now. In which body… Nothing happens by chance. There is connection between all the things we do, the choices we make and the people we meet.

This morning I read the words I needed to read to wake up again the courage to write and be myself. The person I am meant to be. How many persons live in me? The mother, the woman, the girl, the wife, the lover,the friend…

Mmmhh... the writer.

Love & rainbow

Copyright2009LorenzaVerdini

5 comments:

  1. i woke up with a gollum singing in my head and it's all bob's fault. lol!
    (you may want to check your html. some strange things are happening there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your capacity to understand yourself and the connections in life are so amazing and inspiring to me. Even more so, I am captivated at your pure projection and understanding of the English language, it not being your native language.

    all the "people that live in you" come together in a very lovely way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have given you an award... please come by my blog and get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob, Sarah: thank you guys for popping in and supporting also from a technical point of view, I must say I enjoy your company so much!
    Hot chocolate and cake?

    Shawna: thanks a lot, I am really touched. I am running to your blog! Love & rainbow

    ReplyDelete

Pure Energy at Blogged