Friday, October 30, 2009

NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH









I am overwhelmed today not because it is going to rain. And I do love rain. Not because I am wearing sport Prada shoes with a hole on the tip , that make my look absolutely young and trendy. Not because I am pretty with my new wavy hair and I like myself. Not even because I had a check up 3 days ago with my beloved oncologist and everything is fine. And he looked great, by the way, as fit as a fiddle…I do care about his health…

 

I am overwhelmed with joy because I got a second award from Sarah of THE GOOD GIRLS, with the support of Bob (plainolebob.blogspot.com). The best homemade Tiramisu’ for you guys…

This award is precious and meaningful to me, honestly. I do love writing but I do it without expectations, basically for the pure pleasure of writing. I am not good at computer stuff, so I wish I could express my creativity changing often the layout of my blog, inserting more pictures, making it more dynamic. But then I think…what is important for you is the words and the feelings behind them, so never mind if it is a little boring and the layout is always the same… So I keep on focusing on what gives me joy, putting words on virtual and real paper.

 

This post is going to explain the handful of my loved followers why I am here. And it is going to be the truth, nothing but the truth.

 

Some friends planted the seed in my mind that I should write a book on my Journey, in order to share my experience and helping others. I was keeping on bumping into people having cancer or being diagnosed, in a very casual way. I was doing my best, when requested, to help. The seed was, in the meantime growing, becoming a little shrub. It was growing, of course, into my right brain, the creative side…the other side is only rational dryness…

 

The shrub became a young tree starting to put forth leaves.

 

But then I thought How the hell am I going to write a book of 250 pages? Where am I supposed to start, to end, to fill those pages in with a deep meaning that can grab people from their lives and make them read my book? How am I going to find a publisher if I ever succeed in writing it? 

And on, and on, and on.

 

In the meantime, as hungry reader, I WAS ABSOLUTELY ADMIRED by the stories of famous writers like Stephenie Meyers and Elisabeth Gilbert (I am mentioning the alive ones…Jane Austen is also in my heart) being able to change their lives with successful books.

So I thought again I can write about my journey but I wish I could write a kind of fiction book realising that I do not have the extraordinary idea that will keep me awake day and night for 3 months forgetting to have 4 kids, the cooking, my husband, the dog, my yoga, my meditation, the breathing exercises….. I also realized that I can only write about myself, about my feelings, my thoughts I write with my tummy, not with my intellectual mind.

 

If I want ever write a book, I need a kind of support team.

 

I cannot afford a professional support team, so the idea of writing a blog popped out again from my mind. BOOOOUUUUUM!

I thought I would expose myself, for the first time in my life, to a public writing, with a blog.

 

YOU ARE MY SUPPORT TEAM. This is the truth. Nothing but the truth.

 

So two months ago my blog was born, thanks to the help of my friend Isobel. I did not know what a blog was, she patiently explained me everything and did the “technical” job for me.

 

So, I actually love your comments.

I need your comments.

I enjoy watching myself with your eyes.

I love cooking ideally for you and giving you my best hospitality (we, Italians, love feeding people, did you know that?).

I feel at home when I write my blog.

I feel in heaven when I have a new follower whom I don’t know.

I love reading the blogs I am following and I am committed in leaving comments and enjoy doing it.

 

This is the first time I write for an audience…Oh my Gosh…this is the first time I write in English…Oh goodness me…

 

Being the happiest girl in the world, in love with my blog and my followers, the young tree had become, in the meantime, a strong tree that was about to give its fruits.

 

So one evening, while spooning one of the nicest soup in the world into my kids’ plates, I had a lightening in my right brain for MY BOOK. I was a real storm at 7.00 p.m. in my kitchen where I just stopped breathing and moving, holding a wooden spoon still in the air, paralysed by the awareness that I just had an inspiration.

Life of course, had to go on few seconds after that magic moment, as the hungry mouths were claiming for their food.

 

Quietly I sat down and kept the idea warm into my heart.

The idea has grown, I feel pregnant of this book and I guess one of those days I will start writing. I actually wrote the first sentence that was so beautiful that I stopped writing in adoration.

 

So the book is there because its first sentence was born.

 

Thanks to my followers and supporters who are my fellow travellers. I guess I could not make it alone.

 

 

Love and Rainbow

 

 

 

 

Copyright2009LorenzaVerdini

10 comments:

  1. How absolutely wonderful that your book is born!!!
    Now you will feed it and nurture it and it will grow and it will be everything YOU, just like your children.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shawna I really feel like it is another baby... Let's see what happens next, it will be an exciting big adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorenza, Congrats, write that book, don't worry bout nothin else, you are a light, a beacon, be your own rock. You will be loved and admired.
    BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm with you in writing. i write with my tummy too. keep writing and you will have a book one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a LOOOOT Sarah...I will. This is something incredible in my life now: I know I'll write it, even going through my ups and downs. The only certain thing.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will support that though I've been missing for days, had to take care of a lot of personal things.

    Just keep on writing and I look forward to the day you finish it. :)

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...success is in YOU. You will succeed with your book and I'll support you always, whatever happens and whenever you need an "hand"....
    I can't wait to have a special friend FAMOUS.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...what a fantastic injection of good energy! dear best friend.....

    ReplyDelete

Pure Energy at Blogged