Monday, October 5, 2009

THE SEEKERS

Last Saturday I went to a meeting, the second of its kind, in a lovely African Spa close to the Cradle of Humankind which is probably one of the most important archaeological sites in the whole Africa. I love this wild open place because of its energy. I was not going for a massage, shame, but to meet a small group of people who feel to be creative and somehow want to unblock their own creative process. The idea started because we all read or are reading the amazing book THE ARTIST'S WAY by Julia Cameron. This book is basically a 12 weeks course to help ANYBODY, and I really mean anybody, to unblock his own natural creativity, at any level but, most important to me, it is a deeply spiritual book. I have started to read it twice, oh I love this book, but haven’t gone through the whole course simply because I do not feel blocked in my writing. Even though, I joined the meetings with my natural enthusiasm and openness. I can try to describe the situation saying that it is my monthly treat. Two hours of absolute peace, bliss, exchange of energy with lovely people who basically are very spiritual and look forward to express themselves in life through a creative process. The venue is in the nature, African nature guys, where the only sounds are the birds chirping or cry ,depending on the SIZE of the animal…have you ever seen an hadida ? It is one of the most noisy and annoying bird I have ever dealt with, besides ostrich…, the waterfall and the wind’s blow. And us.

In this absolute perfect venue, we do not only share good bruschetta bread with tomatoes and basil, olive tapenade and chocolate cake, sipping coffee the coffee, and I am fussy, in that place has another taste, I swear it becomes good, we share our intimate fears, doubts, hopes, visions. We share our experiences knowing very little of each other. But it is done at such a natural and deep level that it becomes an enriching spiritual experience.

I LOVE THESE MEETINGS. We talk about the impact that the course has on any of us but we always end to talk at a personal deeper level and by the end, when we leave, we are enriched with new good energy. We all come from different backgrounds and life’s stories, cultures and in my case also language but, for a reason I would not exactly know, we all go beyond the superficial level of communication. It is amazing. We will meet regularly once a month I really look forward to the next meeting, probably the group will grow bigger, we are 5 at present.

Driving back home there was a lot of roads work 2010 is behind the corner so the speed was slowed down many times. I was driving near to a very poor informal settlement at a walking pace, Buddha Bar music on, feeling that time had stopped. I could only feel the rhythm of my breath, my eyes absorbing the Life movement in slow motion. Hungry people, poor people, mothers with children on their back, bare foot people, children playing with nothing in the street, men discussing animatedly. Every single movement was slow, I could take all the energy of those people, their sorrow and their happiness, I was them… I don’t know, it probably lasted only a bunch of seconds but it was very strong and deep. Suddenly a loud music covered my soft Buddha Bar, distracting me from my emotion. There was a group of men dancing unrestrained at the rhythm of that music, under a roof of corrugated sheet iron that most likely was as big as my car. It was their discotheque, Saturday Night Fever… I couldn’t help smiling at Teacher Life for this message of Joy at the end of a very busy and rewarding day. So speechless , I could only express a deep gratitude in my heart for the chances I am given every day to learn. I want to be an eternal student, what better than this?

I end my writing today, thanking my friends of the Artist Way Circle for the inputs and energy they give me every time we meet. Thanking my Life for being tough and difficult sometimes, but always a profound teaching. Thanking all the people in the street who, with their endless smile, are teaching me the power of Hope.

I found this quote at the Spa, a gift for all my readers today

In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.

Albert Schweitzer

Love & Rainbow

Copyright2009LorenzaVerdini

6 comments:

  1. i finally found you! :) love that quote from albert. great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah,welcome! What are you cooking tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorenza
    I have spent the whole morning reading your blog, what an inspiration, and speaking as someone who knows you, you write as you are! Well done, I will stay tuned for the next subscription.
    x Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Geraldine for your feed backs, it helps me to "grow"....
    xx Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  5. so good... so nice.....I would like to share these "magic" meetings with you....may be some days....love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got to book a flight ticket, not that difficult, come over, bring me some drid porcini mushrooms and it's deal! You know I am not bad at cooking...XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Pure Energy at Blogged